Skip to main content

Full text of "Bob Buente South Park BID Emails through 10/2018"

See other formats

SPBID Board Packet - 6/22

Subject: SPBID Board Packet - 6/22
From: Ellen Riotto <ellen@southpark.la>

Date: 06/19/2017 04:44 PM

To: Robin Bieker <robin@biekerco.com>, Robert Buente

<bbuente@1010dev.org>, Shelby Jordan <sjordan@aegworldwide.com>, Martha
Saucedo <msaucedo@aegworldwide.com>, Daniel Taban
<daniel@jadeent.com>, "Terri Toennies" <terri@laautoshow.com>, "Nusbaum,
Nate - CHMC" <Nate.Nusbaum@DignityHealth.org>, Richard Wu
<richard@grandlofts.com>, "James Pugh" <JPugh@sheppardmullin.com>,
Channing Henry <channing@almadevelopment.com>, Paul Keller
<pkeller@mackurban.com>, "Mark Wareham" <mwareham@mackurban.com>,
Faye Washington <faye.washington@ywcagla.org>, Ann Hickambottom
<ann.hickambottom@ywcagla.org>, Terry Rubinroit <rubinroit@aol.com>

All,

In preparation for this Thursday's board meeting, please find attached your packets. A
note about agenda item #5, Downtown Open House: when I first emailed the Board about South
Park's collaboration with DCBID on this event, our contribution of $5000 assumed that both
BIDs would be able to secure 5 properties within their respective districts to
participate. The final group of participating properties includes 4 properties in South
Park BID, and 1 property in Downtown Center BID. This new development has caused us to
reconsider budget contributions. As a reminder, DCBID is handling all of the logistics for
this event, including the creation of a website with attendee registration, coordination
and planning of all property-activations, and marketing. The action item on the agenda is
a vote about whether to increase South Park's contribution to a total of $10,000. I'm
attaching the deck as well as a budget breakdown for your consideration.

I recommend that we increase our contribution. We have the budget for it, and the majority
of the properties are in our district, which means that most of the direct and indirect
benefits of this event will come back to South Park. Additionally, we would not be able to
put an event like this on without the enormous lift that DCBID is contributing.

Please let me know if there are any questions. Looking forward to seeing you all on
Thursday.

Best,

Ellen

Ellen Riotto

1 of 2

10/19/2018 08:23 AM

SPBID Board Packet - 6/22

Interim Executive Director

South Park Business Improvement District

1100 S Flower St, Suite #3400, Los Angeles, CA 90015

ellen@southpark.la <mailto:ellen@southpark.la> | o. 213 663 1112 | c. 401 439 8147

southpark.la <http://www.southpark.la/> | Facebook <http://fb.com/SouthParkLosAnqeles> |
Twitter <https://twitter.com/southparkla> | Instagram <https://www.instagram.com
/southparkla/>